The overall goal of this program is to enable managers to learn and apply a practical approach to managing change that can be used to deal with their dynamic, complex, and continuously changing work environment. Our emphasis is on helping managers cope with the real world changes they face on a regular basis as well as on how to lead the large scale transformational changes that occur. We present tools, templates and skills that a manager can use at work as well as providing an analytic framework to understand the different kinds of changes they are likely to experience. Upon completion, each learner will have completed a series of exercises that will enable them both to learn the relevant change management skills as well as to identify future opportunities for development.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Explain the different types of change and their impact on a manager’s organization.
- Articulate the benefits of using a “formal” approach to change management and outline the core elements of the change management process.
- Define the role of the manager in dealing with change and how/when to engage stakeholders.
- Identify different change management models and their proper use.
- Build a change management plan that focuses on a current change happening in the manager’s business and can be implemented upon the completion of the program.