This course teaches you everything you need to know about e-mail marketing analytics. The objectives of this course are: to implement reporting of your email marketing campaigns, show you how to judge the success of your campaigns, and how to improve your email marketing using analytical frameworks. It will also show you how to present your results in a way that executives and potential investors care about.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Set up tracking for your emails
- Read and calculate the basic metrics of email marketing such as Hard Bounces, Click Through Rates, Open Rates and so on.
- Identify deliverability issues and understand the importance of data quality
- Benchmark against your competition and industry
- Analyze campaign performance
- Benchmark against other sources including: Social media, Digital Marketing and other sources.
- Perform A/B and Multivariate Testing
- Understand Drip Campaigns
- Create dashboards for both your marketing team and executives.
- Learn the importance of segmentation, data quality, lead scoring and deliverability.
Prerequisites and Target Audience
What will students need to know or do before starting this course?
Basic analytical skills and some marketing knowledge.
Who should take this course? Who should not?
This course is adapted for:
- Marketing Analysts who want a more in-depth look at email marketing.
- Marketing Operations persons who want to optimize their email campaigns.
- Marketing persons who want to improve their email marketing using analytics.
- A management person who wants to understand the importance of email marketing for potential investors, board of directors, and executive levels.
Intro to Email Marketing
Into to Email Marketing
In this video you will be introduced to e-mail marketing, as well as what are the current ways companies are deploying it and monitoring the results. You will also learn the different types of campaigns that are deployed and important parts of email.
Basics of Email Marketing Metrics
In this video you will learn how to calculate and why it is important to track: Open Rates, Click Thru Rates, Bounce Rate, Unsubscribed Rates, total sents, total opens, total clicks. You will also learn the difference between soft and hard bounces.
Basics of Email Marketing Metrics
Difference Between Email Service Providers (ESP) and Marketing Automation Tools
In this video you will learn the difference between Email Service Providers and Marketing Automation tool. You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of each tool and how the difference effects your reporting.
Setting Up Tracking W/ UTM Codes
In this video you will learn how to set up UTM codes for your links. You will learn how to set-up campaigns in your Marketing Automation tool and how you want to track the cost of your deployment.
In this video you will learn what a drip campaign is and how it is used, as well as how to measure results.
In this video you will learn how to conduct A/B testing, what aspects you can test and how to create a testing matrix for long term planning.
In this video you will learn what Multivariate testing is, how to conduct it and how to read the results. You will also learn best practices and tips on how to optimize your results.
Module 3: Dashboards & Advanced Reporting
In this video you will learn what tools you can use to report on your email marketing. You will also learn what information should be available in your dashboard.
Benchmarking Against the Competition
In this video you will learn how to judge your email performance against other companies in your industry.
Comparing Email Marketing to Other Channels
In this video you will learn how to compare email marketing to digital marketing, social media, content marketing, and other channels.
Module 4: Advanced Topics
In this video you will be introduced to the importance of tracking your email’s deliverability, basic privacy laws that should be observed and where to check your country’s privacy laws, as well as how to track your deliverables.
In this video you will learn about ways to make sure your data is usable. Topics covered include: deduping and data normalization.
In this video you will be introduced to lead scoring and how to score your leads for both demographic and behavioral attributes.
Review Advanced Topics
In this video you will be introduced to the importance of segmentation and personalization and how to segment your list with the data that you already have.
Overview of what was covered as well as other aspects outside of email marketing that should be considered for optimization of email marketing.